¡This is what you need to know to participate!
1. Please make sure that your short film fulfills the following requirements:
- The length limit of the short film is 25 minutes; no exceptions will be admitted.
- There are no restrictions on the topic of the short film.
- Short films spoken in a language different than Spanish must include subtitles, either embedded or in SRT submitted in an attached document. The translation must be professional, accurate and coherent in regards to the language. The subtitles must be in a convenient size and a color appropriate to the background that make it easier to read.
- The call is open only for short films produced during 2022 and 2023 Before the closing of the call.
- You are able to participate with multiple shorts. Just make sure all of them have been released during 2022-2023.
- Short films must have an excellent quality in image and sound.
2. Si tu corto cumple los requisitos por favor inscríbelo ¡ya! A continuación las instrucciones:
- Visit www.festhome.com / www.clickforfestivals.com / www.filmfreeway.com and submit your short. These three online submissions platforms will be the only ones where the films will be received and selected. Other reception channels will be enabled only for films that come from countries with legal web access restrictions, these cases will be evaluated individually by the festival management and programming team, if this is your case please write to email@example.com
- Take into account that for 2023, the festival will charge the submission of some shorts in addition to the platform fee. This charge is stipulated as follows:
- Short films with Colombian production or coproduction will have free submission to the festival.
- Short films with international production will have a 5USD submission fee.
- Submission platforms will be open for submissions until March 24th 2023 6:00 PM (18:00) Colombian time. https://24timezones.com/#/map With the following deadlines:
- Until March 10th free submission to international short films.
- From March 11th till March 24th 5USD submission to international short films.
- Upload your short film(s) in any of the following two platforms www.festhome.com / www.clickforfestivals.com / www.filmfreeway.com and attach:
3. Wait patiently until June 20th, 2023 when we will publish on our official webpage:
www.cinealacalle.org the short films that have been selected. Remember, having submitted your short does not mean it has been selected.
4. If you short is selected
We will contact you to the email you specified in your registration, informing you of the steps to follow in the process of participation in the festival. All official communication will be made through email, we ask you to please check your inbox and spam box permanently.
5.A curatorial selection team will evaluate and choose the works that will be exhibited during the festival.
In addition to this, a selection will be made that will enter competition and will be evaluated by a team of qualified judges in the following categories:
If you are selected in any of these categories, you will receive an email notifying you that you have been nominated to compete for the possibility of winning the Statuette "María Mulata" and USD400.
6. The winners will be announced during the closing night on August 19th
Which will be broadcast live through our web channels, the names of the winning films will be published on our social networks, in addition to our website. After its publication, the organization will contact those responsible for the winning works via email, in order to inform them of the steps to follow to receive their award.