The call is open for every person, audiovisual arts collective, agencies, exhibitions and producers that have produced and/or own the rights of audiovisual works made with documentary, argumentative, experimental and/or video-art purposes. The works can be on cinema, video or animation format and have to a short length as duration.
The FICICA will take place during May 9-13, 2017 in Barranquilla, Colombia.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONSIDERATIONS
- The limit, regarding the length of the short films, is 25 minutes, no exception.
- There are no restrictions on the topic of the short films.
- Short films spoken on a language different than Spanish must include subtitles, either embedded or in SRT in an attached document.
- The date of release of the short films should not be before 2016.
- The submitted videos should have excellent quality in its image and sound.
- The participant should upload its film in any of the enabled platforms and should attach the following files: A. Poster and 2 high resolution photos of the film, B. Technical sheet, C. Synopsis in both Spanish and English, and D. document with Spanish subtitle when the film does not have them embedded.
- The platforms enabled for the submission of works are: www.clickforfestivals.com / www.festhome.com.
- Submission platforms will be enabled from January 20th, 2017 until March 10th, 2017.
- The registration to the festival is for free. Any cost being charged is established by the corresponding submission platform when submitting the short film.
- Directors can participate with more than 1 short film. This in the case that al his/her submitted short film are produced within the established term.
- Works are not automatically accepted and included in the official selection by being received. The Festival reserves the right to either refuse or admit short films according to the curators’ concept.
- A team composed by curators and a qualified jury will evaluate the submitted works and will choose the short films selected for the Official Selection and the corresponding winners.
- The submitted and selected short films will remain as material of the video library of the Festival. For this reason, owners of the rights authorize the FICICA to exhibit the short films during the event and afterwards only for cultural/artistic and education purposes.
- The official selection of both sections: Parallel Exhibition and Central Exhibition; will be published at the official webpage of the Festival: www.cinealacalle.org, on March 30, 2017.
- In the case of being selected for any of the Festival’s sections (Parallel or Central Exhibition), the organizers of the Festivall will contact the short film’s representative to ask for the trailer and the work itself, as well as needed information for the press and the corresponding formalization of participation.
- Best Local Short Film / Statuette María Mulata and USD 500 (1)*
- Best National Short Film / Statuette María Mulata and USD 500
- Best International Short Film / Statuette María Mulata and USD 500
- Content for Children Award / Statuette María Mulata and USD 500 (2)*
- MasterPeace Award, Statuette María Mulata and USD 800 (3)*
(1) *Aimed to short films produced in Barranquilla and its metropolitan area by directors who have been born or live in the region.
(2) *This award is given to the best short film with content aimed for children. (This is an additional award, not a category).
(3) *This award is given to the best short film with content related to armed conflicts resolution, reconciliation processes, communities’ reconstruction, peace education, communitarian peace-building initiatives, and human rights defense and promotion. (This is an aditional award, not a category).
Festival Internacional de Cortometraje
Cine a la Calle
Tel. (+575) 370 6746
Cels. (+57) 300-4430428
Calle 47 No. 44 – 167 Edificio García oficina 20
The International Short Film Festival CINE A LA CALLE, is a Fundación Cine a Calle project, which is a non-profit cultural/artistic institution, founded in 2005 with the purpose of promoting and developing audiovisual and artistic projects with social development approach.